Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Getting past it...or not

Every time I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that I might not ever be able to have biological children, something comes up or someone says something that sets me back to a place where I'm not so OK with everything. For example, this month, after learning that the IUI wouldn't be happening, the NP said "there have been rare cases where the egg crosses over to the good tube and a pregnancy happened." Well, shit. I was doing so well, OK with the fact that a pregnancy wouldn't happen this month. Then she says that and, no matter how slim the chance, the chance is still there...and all my resiliance melts away. Then my mom says (after I tell her that I am OK with it) that she "just knows" I'll have kids of my own...call it a "gut feeling." NOT HELPING! AAAARGH!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, that's really frustrating. I know where you're coming from, you just don't wanna get your hopes up any more and then people are trying to encourage you and that makes you get your hopes up.
    I am definiely keeping my fingers crossed for you. Do you think you'll get to try for one more IUI before Ben leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we'll have time, and since we didn't get to do the IUI this cycle we'll try for next...here's hoping I O off of my left side so it's possible!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!