Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

IUI here we come!

So, since I got my period yesterday, the fun is about to begin! My insurance doesn't pay for my injectibles, but they do pay for the HcG shot? What?? That just doesn't make sense to me. Anyway...

$134 for the 2 days worth of injectibles...check.

Appointment to learn how to administer injectibles...Check.

Appointment for the U/S to check on my follicles and make sure I'm ovulating on the left side...check

HcG shot ordered...check

Confident about being able to administer these meds myself without freaking out...well, 4 out of 5 ain't bad!

I hate shots. I hate needles. Whatever makes these people think I'll be able to do this on my own is a mystery to me. I still don't know the exact results of my renal U/S or my MRI yet...but it must not have shown anything we didn't already know, or else they wouldn't have started the IUI cycle...right? We'll see. The really fun part about all of this is that my parents will be here next week...the week of my injectible drugs and U/S...oh joy. I'm really hoping the side effects aren't too bad...I would hate for the first time my parents, husband and I get to spend together in 9 months (and the last time for a year) to be marred by me being moody due to meds (well, more moody than usual at least LOL).

At this point all I can do is sit back and think positive...if we don't get pregnant in this shot then we have to wait for another year until the hubby gets back from deployment. It figures that as soon as we figure out what's going on and take steps to overcome it he has to deploy. It just figures!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!
    Our next step might be IUI too if my HSG comes back normal but I decided to give it another couple of months of trying before we take the next step.
    Hopefuly this is it for you guys though and you finally get your BFP so this can become a pregnancy and baby blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steph..it's Kristal aka MrsKGrant from WTE. I was perusing the TTC boards and saw you had a blog. All I know is I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. I had no idea. However, I am glad that you finally know whats going on and you can stop the emotionally rollercoaster (not that this isn't one) of trying to get pg naturally. Just know I'm thinking of you and praying that this works for you. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!