Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm all official! (Sort of)

So, as many of my friends and family members know, I have become obsessed with crafting. Well, not crafting really, but crocheting. When I first started it, I though I would so a hat here and there and maybe a blanket or two. Boy was I wrong! It's taken over my life...when I'm not reading Sookie Stackhouse novels or playing horrible games like Plants vs Zombies (thanks, Ben, for getting me hooked on that). I did a count the other day. I am currently in the middle of 3 books, 4-5 crochet projects, and one other crafting project, and I'm seriously considering starting another sewing project soon. I'm nuts.

The next project will be Amy Butler's Everything Bag. I love this bag as a general tote, mainly because it has a divider in the middle. Plus I can choose fabrics that maybe, just maybe, will appeal to Ben so I might be able to get him to tote it around a bit, instead of complaining when I ask him to hold it for 5 minutes.

The big news, however, is that I started a shop on Etsy for some of my smaller crocheting projects. I don't even know if anything will sell, but I get so many compliments on the hats that I make I figure it's at least worth a try, right? I'm also going to expand to some small toys, so hopefully I can make a little cash off of the whole endeavor. The shop can be found HERE.

I'm attempting to make a "Spartan Helmet" a la 300 for Monkey, at the request of Ben. That's great, except for the fact that there are raised portions that are difficult to achieve with crochet...and there are no patterns for something like this (at least that I can find). So I'm writing my own. Fun...I'll have my own pattern! If it works out I'm going to attempt to sell that as well. I don't even come close to expect this to turn into a real profitable endeavor, but at least I can make a little side cash!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!