Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Coffee Fueled Take on "Child-Star" Reality Shows

I'll admit it. I'm addicted to SOME reality TV. I'm not immune to watching almost any reality show on Bravo or Lifetime. The two that seem to be the biggest train wrecks are shows like Dance Moms and Toddlers & Tiaras. It seems inevitable that on one (or both) of these shows any given week you will see a small child dressed like a two cent hooker lady of the night.                                                      Like last week,when a mom on T & T thought it would be a good idea to dress her 3 year old as Julia Roberts in her role as "Pretty Woman." While I love the movie, and LOVE Julia Roberts, I'm not so sure that dressing my toddler as a prostitute would make my list of "funny things to do to my child."
Somehow, somewhere, I can't help feel as though some appropriateness alarm is going off whenever a parent does this. There is some cosmic file for each and every parent where all of these inappropriate decisions regarding a child are logged, and (like Jeff Lewis does on Flipping Out with his employees) when the page is full, you're fired!                                  Dance Moms is another can of worms. I get it, dance costumes are tight, and that's fine.  But in this case, it's the instructor, not the moms, who can't seem to grasp that these are little kids and there is still such a thing as TOO LITTLE FABRIC. I swear, I don't even want to think about how many pedophiles sit in the audience at these kinds of dance recitals, with the acrobatic tricks and suggestive dances, and then the skimpy costumes as the icing on the cake. EEEEEEWWW.
At the end of the day, though I'll still watch. I can't help it. It's like a train wreck (and not the RHONJ type...those are adults, that makes it better....wait, what?)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!