Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I didn't realize this...

But I miss coffee. A really good cup of drip coffee with enough cream/skim milk/whatever to make it look like a latte and enough sugar/sweetener/whatever to make it taste like one. I miss it. Before Monkey came along, I went, oh, just over 2 years without caffeine (except on the occasions where I was so stressed/tired/PO'd that I broke down and had a diet coke or a mocha). Because, as *we* (we being the ladies who have to do a little more than think about sexy time to get pregnant) know that caffeine=bad for baby-making.

Then we found out Monkey was on his way...OK, no caffeine for 9 more months. Once he was here, for the first couple months I was too tired. Yep, that's right, too tired to remember to make coffee. On the days where I did remember to make a cup, by the time I got around to drinking it, it was ice cold. Not exactly what I was looking for.

After that stage, I was so excited to get sleep and feel rested that it was the "hey, I don't need it!" phase. And now I'm so used to rarely having it that it just doesn't really cross my mind. Until recently. Recently I've been craving coffee.

As I sit here, drinking a ridiculously good cup of coffee I just made, I thought "Oh buddy, how I have missed you. You are a friend." Coffee has been sadly neglected (by me, not by  Ben. He remembers every day...).

Then I think, "hey, if/when we want another baby, I'll have to give up caffeine again." I'd better not get too used to this. It will probably backfire and then I'll go into withdrawals...you know headaches, shaking, being so snarky that even I don't want to be around me. That's not fun. So I'll stick with missing coffee and having a cup once in a while just to remind myself that I do, in fact, like the stuff!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!