Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Why I Have a Love/Hate Relationship With Organizing Blogs.

I love organizing blogs. I love the theory behind organizing as well as the great feeling I get when something has been successfully organized and LOOKS good.

I hate that no matter how hard I try, my drawers/closets NEVER look like this:
This is from the blog iHeartOrganizing. I'm addicted
Rather, I attempt that lovely organization and ten real life hits. It really ends up looking like a classic Pinterest fail. The cords won't stay wrapped, and I have WAY more small odds and ends than any of the organizing pros seem to have. Plus...well, a husband and a 2-year-old. They tend to quickly undo any organizing I try to do. 

My biggest organizing enemy? The sheer amount of crap we have. It's ridiculous. Both Ben and I have trouble getting rid of things "just in case" we need them later. We are I am constantly trying to get rid of things or find homes for things, and it's an epic fail.

Maybe when baby #2 gets a bit older and I can sell all of the baby crap we have, I'll have a fighting chance. Until then, it's an uphill battle that I am DEFINITELY losing.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!